The Article 13 of the Executive Decree N°13-81 of 30 January 2013, fixing the missions and organization of the Directorate-General for Scientific Research and Technological Development (DGRSDT), defines the missions of the Directorate of Scientific and Technical Services Development (DDSST). It is responsible for :
• Planning and monitoring the investments regarding the establishment of research infrastructures;
• Contributing to identify the equipment to be acquired by research establishments and structures, inter-establishments equipment and plan their acquisition;
• Participating in the arbitrage of funds concerning the acquisition of equipment for research entities;
• Making sure that the research objectives, actions and means are coherent;
• Drawing up and disseminating the inventory of the heavy equipment acquired;
• Proposing the elements for setting a policy of maintenance of scientific and technical equipment;
• Dealing with the normalization and standardization of research infrastructures and equipment.
In order to accomplish its missions, the DDSST is composed of four sub-directorates that are :
Sub-directorate of Equipment, Composed of three (3) offices:
. Office of Equipment of Research Establishments and Entities;
. Office of Equipment of Research Common Services;
. Office of Normalization and Inventory of Scientific Equipment.
Sub-directorate of Research Infrastructures, Composed of three (3) offices:
. Office of Monitoring Research Entities Realization;
. Office of Monitoring Research Common Services Realization;
. Office of Normalization of Research Infrastructures
Sub-directorate of Exploitation and Maintenance of Research Infrastructures and Equipment, Composed of two (2) offices:
. Office of Monitoring Infrastructures and Equipment Exploitation;
. Office of Maintenance of Infrastructures and Equipment.
Sub-directorate of Statistics and Planning of Investments: Composed of two (2) offices:
. Office of Investments Planning;
. Office of Statistics.